Granting Smartphone Permissions
IN THIS ARTICLE
- Introduction to smartphone permissions
- Common permissions
- Commitment to security and privacy
Introduction to smartphone permissions
When you use the Spruce app, you may be asked to grant permission for the app to access different functions or information on your smartphone.
Each of these permissions serves a specific purpose, and unless you are using an older version of the Android operating system, you will only need to grant the permissions that are directly related to how you want to use Spruce.
- Camera and microphone permission: allows you to take photos and videos to share with your doctor, and allows you to participate in video visits with your doctor.
- Photo, media, and files permission: allows you to choose from your existing photos, videos, and PDF files to send to your doctor.
- Wi-Fi connection information permission: allows the app to improve video call quality by checking whether you are connected to Wi-Fi.
Commitment to Security and Privacy
We understand the importance of keeping your personal health information secure and private. To ensure security and privacy, Spruce is built to comply with critical regulations like HIPAA, as well as to meet and exceed industry guidelines and best practices for safeguarding electronic data, including encrypting all data stored in the app.