IN THIS ARTICLE
Introduction to Elation integration
Elation Health is an electronic health record that integrates with Spruce so you can seamlessly update your patient's medical record without leaving Spruce. By integrating Elation and Spruce, you can sync demographic information as well as the content of your Spruce conversations to your EHR.
What you can sync:
- Syncing demographics: Import demographic information from Elation to the Spruce patient profile. Imported patient information will include: full name, phone number(s), email address(es), date of birth, and gender. Any new patient that you add to Elation will automatically populate in Spruce. Any changes that you make to the patient's demographic information in Elation or in Spruce will sync across the two systems.
- Syncing conversations: Transfer any Spruce conversation (or portion thereof) to the patient's chart in Elation. You can choose between complete and automatic syncing of all conversation content or selective syncing of only certain important messages that you choose.
Please contact Spruce Support through the app to request the integration.
Linking a conversation to Elation
Before you can link conversations or sync any data, you'll need to work with the Spruce Support team to set up your Elation integration. Once that is done, linking a Spruce conversation to Elation is a one-time action that will allow you to sync information from that conversation to the corresponding Elation chart in the future.
- Select a patient conversation in Spruce to open it.
- Select the Person Icon to open the Patient Profile.
- Select Link to Elation.
- Search for the patient by the name or ID number used for that patient in Elation. This search is case-sensitive, so be sure to enter names exactly as they appear in Elation.
- Once the correct chart appears, select it and verify that the information from Elation matches the information you have in Spruce.
- Select Establish Link to connect the Elation chart with the Spruce conversation.
Conversation sync options
Once you have linked conversations from Spruce to Elation, there are two methods for syncing conversation content: Selective or Automatic.
Selective sync allows you to pick and choose what information should be added to the Elation chart and when it should be added. Items you choose will become visit notes in Elation. Selective sync is great for practices that work with families. For example, if one Spruce conversation is managed by a guardian who may discuss the care of multiple children, you can chose which Elation chart to send a certain message to (e.g., the guardian, child A, or child B), based on the content and context of the message.
Selective sync is our more popular option and our recommended way of syncing with Elation.
Here's a short video demonstrating selective sync:
Automatic sync will sync any and all new activity in a Spruce conversation to its corresponding Elation chart as a miscellaneous report every 24 hours. This sync can be configured to include all activity (including internal notes) or just patient-facing activity (excluding internal notes).
Syncing pictures, videos, and attachments
When you sync a message that contains a picture, video, or attachment, including Spruce Visits, it will populate in Elation as a link to the message in Spruce. If you are logged in to Spruce and select the link in Elation, you will be taken to the attachment. If you want to have the original attachment transferred fully to Elation, you must download the file from Spruce and upload it to Elation.
To integrate your Elation account to your Spruce account please message in app by searching for Spruce Support.