IN THIS ARTICLE
Introduction to teammates on Spruce
Spruce is built for teams, helping you communicate securely and collaborate around your patients' care. Adding teammates to your Spruce organization creates a shared inbox through which any team member can engage in patient communication and secure messaging with each other.
To see all the teammates currently on your account, open your Settings and select Manage Team.
Inviting a teammate
- To invite a teammate from the web version of Spruce, open your Settings by selecting the Gear Icon on the home screen. Select Manage Team.
- On the Spruce mobile app, open your Settings by selecting the Person Icon in upper left. Then select Invite Teammates.
- Enter your teammate's email address and mobile phone number and select Invite.
- Inviting a teammate automatically generates an email from Spruce with a Get Started button. New teammates should select Get Started in the email to sign up for Spruce, rather than downloading the app directly from the app store.
Managing teammates in User Groups
- Everyone can view a list of your current User Groups on the Manage Team page, but only Administrators can make changes to User Groups.
- If you are an Administrator on your Spruce account, you can:
- Create new User Groups.
- Add and remove members from existing User Groups.
- Rename existing User Groups.
Certain sensitive options within your Settings on Spruce are restricted so that only designated Admins have access. These restricted activities include:
- Inviting new teammates
- Removing teammates from your account
- Selecting a paid plan if you are a new customer
- Changing billing information
Who is an Admin?
The first person to join Spruce in your account is designated an Admin by default. As the Admin, you can promote other teammates to Admin status. Follow these steps to change a teammate's Admin status:
- Log in to Spruce and select the Gear Icon to open your Settings.
- Select Team.
- Under Teammates, select the Three Dots Icon to see the option to promote or demote a teammate to and from Admin status.
If you would like to change who in your Spruce account is an Admin, please note that only Admins can promote and demote other teammates to and from Admin status. If you need help changing who is an Admin on your account, please message our Support team through the app.
Removing a teammate
Only Admins have permission to remove teammates from your account. If you are an Admin, follow these steps to remove a teammate who should no longer have access to Spruce:
- Select the Gear Icon to open your Settings.
- Select Team.
- Select the Three Dots Icon to the right of a teammate's name.
- Select Remove Teammate.
The teammate will be removed from your account immediately and permanently.
Once you've removed a teammate, it's important to ensure their personal cell phone number is not included in any Call Forwarding / Numbers to Ring lists your organization has set up, otherwise the old teammate may still be able to receive calls. Visit our Call Forwarding article for instructions on how to add and remove numbers from these lists.
Starting a team conversation
Once your teammates have joined your organization, you can start a team conversation for secure internal chat.
- To start a new team conversation, select the Plus Icon from your inbox and select Team Conversation.
- Add a single teammate or multiple teammates to a team conversation, and name it.
- If a team conversation is no longer relevant to you, you can leave it by clicking the Three Vertical Dots in the upper right of the thread.
Unlike patient conversations, which by default are accessible to all teammates, only teammates who have been added to a team conversation can access that conversation and the messages exchanged therein.
You can add teammates to existing team conversations at any time. Please note that any teammates you add at a later date will be able to see all previous messages exchanged.