SMS and Email
Standard Patient Conversations enable you to you send standard email and SMS messages to patients without requiring them to download the Spruce app. All emails, SMS messages and calls from a patient to your Spruce Number and/or Email will appear in one unified conversation in your Spruce inbox.
Sending an SMS
When you send a patient an SMS (text) from the Spruce app, it appears on their phone like a regular SMS message. Any inbound SMS messages to your Spruce Number will appear in your Spruce app, not in your phone's text messages.
Sending an Email
When you send a patient an email from the Spruce app, it appears in your patient’s preferred mail client. Any emails sent to your Spruce Email will appear in the Spruce app.
How to send an SMS or Email Message
- If you haven't already communicated with this patient, select the "+" icon and select "Patient Conversation."
- Enter the contact information and name of the patient you’d like to message
- Press “Create” (or the check mark on Android) and a new patient profile and Standard Conversation will be created
- At the bottom of your screen where you can compose your message, you will see channel options. Depending on whether you entered the patient's phone number or email, you will see some or all of these options: "SMS" , "Email," and "Internal." By selecting "SMS" you will send the patient a text. By selecting "Email" you will send them an email. By selecting "Internal" you will send a non-patient-facing-message in the conversation (just for you, and your teammates if applicable).
- Select your channel (Email, SMS, or Internal), compose your message, and press “Send” to send your message
Don’t see the phone number or email address you’d like to message? On mobile phones, update your patient’s contact information by tapping the three dots in the upper right and select from “View Patient Profile” from the menu, then tap “Edit” in the top right. On the web, click the person icon to the right of the conversation name, then click “Edit”.
Attachments In Standard Conversations
You can send patients photos, videos and PDFs in Standard Conversations by pressing the + button when composing a patient message.
If you’d like to send patients Spruce Visits, Care Plans, or Payment Requests you’ll need to invite your patient to a Secure Conversation.