Automated Welcome Message
Welcome new patients to your practice via an automated secure message behind a practice link
Auto-welcome messages are a great way for you to set context for a patient that just downloaded the Spruce app to connect with your practice via your practice link.
Here's how they work:
- A patient downloads the Spruce app via a practice link and connects with your practice
- The auto-welcome message is automatically sent to them as soon as they create their account.
- Once the patient downloads the app and connects with your practice, they will see the message from your or your practice waiting for them in the conversation.
Currently, you will have to communicate with Spruce Support to configure auto-welcome messages for your practice link.
Here is what we will need from you:
- Draft the auto-welcome message in the Spruce Support conversation as you would like the patient to see it (see examples below).
- Send the welcome message to Spruce Support
- If on desktop, click on the three vertical dots to the right of the timestamp for the message you just sent and select "Save Message".
- If on your smartphone, long press the message that you just sent and select "Save Message".
- Save the message with the title "Auto-welcome message" and toggle on the "Save to team" option.
- Let Spruce Support know that you have saved the auto-welcome message!
Here are some examples of a welcome message to get you started:
- Hello! Welcome to <practice name>! We are happy to offer virtual access to our providers when you can't make it to our clinics. Remember, if this is a medical emergency, call 911. To get you started, please provide the following: (1) A short description of your medical issue (2) A picture of your photo ID (driver's license, passport or ID Card)
- Hi! My name is X. I'm here to make sure you have a great dermatology experience. If you would please complete the quick intake form in my next message, I'll connect you with one of our dermatologists so that we can get your care started I'm looking forward to working with you, and thank you for choosing our clinic!
- 👋 Welcome! Ask us a question about your health or begin a virtual visit for common concerns such as cold & flu, UTI, travel illness, and more.