Linking Your Bank Account to Spruce
Linking Your Bank Account to Spruce
To facilitate seamless billing and transfers between you and your patients, we partner with Stripe, a reputable payments processor.
Follow the steps below to create a Stripe account, in-app, or log-in to your account if you already have one. *Note that at any time you can cancel your relationship with Spruce but maintain your relationship with Stripe.
- Open Spruce in your web browser. Navigate to ‘Settings’ by tapping the gear icon on the far left side of your screen. In the Settings menu, select ‘Advanced’ (it’s the last option underneath ‘Team Profile’).
- In the advanced tab, you’ll see a button that says ‘Connect to Stripe’, a partner company that enables us to complete seamless patient billing. If you don’t have a Stripe account, that’s ok! It’s easy to create one, in-app.
- If you have a Stripe Account, simply log-in.
- If you do not have a Stripe Account, follow the steps to create an account. You’ll be asked for your bank account routing number, account number, and the last 4 digits of your social security number. For more information about why Stripe requires this information, see here.
The video below demonstrates how to link your bank account with Spruce.
Can I monitor payments received on Spruce?
Yes, you can! After you link your Stripe account with Spruce, you’ll have access to your ‘Stripe Dashboard’.
To access your Stripe Dashboard in-app, navigate to ‘Settings’ by tapping the Spruce icon in the upper left corner of your web browser. In the ‘Settings’ menu, select ‘Advanced’. Finally, tap the “View Stripe Dashboard” button. You can also access the Stripe Dashboard at https://dashboard.stripe.com.
In the Stripe Dashboard, you have the ability to view gross payment volume ($), successful charges (#), customers created (#), customer records, transfers, balances, etc.
The images below are screenshots of the Stripe Dashboard.
How long does it take for a payment to be deposited into my bank account?
To configure how often money is transferred from your Stripe account to your Bank Account, access your Stripe Dashboard in-app or navigate to the following website: https://dashboard.stripe.com.
- The first transfer from Stripe to your Bank Account will occur 7 days after your first payment is received with Spruce.
- E.g. If a patient completes a payment request in Spruce on Monday 9/9, the money will be immediately transferred from the patient's bank account to your Stripe Account. Seven Days later, on the following Monday 9/16, money will be transferred from your Stripe account to your Bank Account.
- After the first transfer, transfers will be automatic and will be made daily. They will be composed of the payments that were processed two days prior. To learn more, check out Stripe’s support page.
What are the fees to collect Payments in-app?
All payments processed on Spruce will be charged fees according to Stripe’s standard fee structure -- 2.9% on transaction value + $0.30 for every payment successfully processed. For fast estimates of what these fees might look look like for your practice, see the table below.
Which cards and payment types can I accept with Spruce?
Through our payments partner, Stripe, you are able to collect and process payments in-app with any type of credit or debit card.
These include Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club. You can also accept gift cards and prepaid cards of the cards listed above.
In addition, we also accept HSA & FSA cards, Bitcoin, Apple Pay, and Android Pay.