Troubleshooting your Spruce Account as a Patient
IN THIS ARTICLE
We strive to provide an easy, stress-free experience with our app as you connect to your healthcare professional. While we do not hold any role within the medical or business operations of each clinic, we are happy to help with the technical aspects of using the Spruce App.
I never received an invitation to join Spruce
To start communicating with your healthcare professional via Spruce, the clinic must invite you to connect with them on the Spruce app. If you have not received an invitation from the practice, please reach out to them via phone or email and request an invitation to sign up for Spruce with their practice. The invitation generally will be sent to you via a link that is in the following format: https://spruce.care/[practicename]. You may have received an email with a link to click or a QR code. A QR code can be scanned by your mobile phone's camera app.
You can also connect with our Patient Support team, and someone from our team will reach out to help troubleshoot.
I'm having difficulty logging in to my existing Spruce account
First, try resetting your password:
- Go to https://app.sprucehealth.com/forgot-password.
- Enter the email address you used to sign up for Spruce.
- Check your email for an email from Spruce that will prompt you to change your password. Be sure to check your spam folder to make sure that the email is not getting filtered out from your inbox.
- Click on the button that says "Reset Password" in that email.
- You will be prompted to receive a verification code via text message to the mobile number associated with your Spruce account. Enter that verification code on the next page.
- Set a new password.
If you have changed your mobile phone number or can no longer receive text messages to the number associated with your account, the fastest way would be to reach out to your office to have them edit your mobile number in the Spruce app. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the email address associated with your Spruce account, your old phone number, and your new phone number. Once we receive that information we will have you reply back to confirm your identity. We will ask you to send us a picture of your face next to your photo ID (driver's license, passport, or government-issued ID). We only use this information to protect the security of your account by verifying your identity. It will never be shared.
I'm looking for a new healthcare professional who uses Spruce
Right now, you can only use Spruce as a patient if your healthcare professional is already using Spruce. In the meantime, feel free to mention Spruce at your next appointment!
I didn't receive a verification code
- If you did not receive an expected verification code, please force quit the Spruce app on your phone and attempt to log in once more.
- If the issue persists, check with your mobile carrier to ensure your number is allowed to receive all verification code texts. Some carriers, including T-mobile, automatically opt you out of receiving certain text messages from businesses, including some verification codes. This may be affecting you even if you have successfully received verification codes from other companies.
- Please note that the mobile number you enter when creating your account must be a number that can receive SMS text messages (landlines will not work). We are unable to send verification codes via email or phone call.
- Spruce can only send verification codes via SMS text message to US 10-digit phone numbers. If you are an international customer please use a Google Voice number or something similar to be able to receive the verification code.
If you have changed your mobile phone number or can no longer receive text messages to the number associated with your account, please email email@example.com. Include the email address associated with your Spruce account, your old phone number, and your new phone number. As mentioned above, we will confirm your identity at that time.
I need to update my phone number
If you still have access to your Spruce account, please update in your settings your cell phone number. If you can't access your old cell number to receive the verification code, please reach out to the office to ask them to message our support in app asking us to update your cell phone number and please have them provide your old and new number if possible. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to update the phone number listed on your account. Include the email address associated with your Spruce account, your old phone number, and your new phone number. As mentioned above, we will confirm your identity at that time.
Video calling is not working
This article didn't answer my question
If you still have questions regarding the Spruce App, you can connect with a patient support specialist here or you may email email@example.com.