Manage Your Notifications
IN THIS ARTICLE
Introduction to notifications
Notifications keep you posted on new activity in Spruce, helping you catch every message in a timely manner. If you choose to turn on your notifications, you'll see them appear the way other notifications on your personal phone appear. We will not reveal the details of any particular message for security reasons, but will let you know when you're receiving a new patient message, voicemail, or message from a colleague.
Notifications for mobile and web will mirror each other.
Managing notifications on an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
To manage Spruce app notifications on your iPhone:
- Select the Gear Icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your Spruce mobile app screen to open your Settings.
- Select Notifications (under "My Account" section)
- Select when and how you would like to be notified on your mobile phone.
Your options for notifications include receiving any notifications at all, badge icon notification, notifications by inbox filter, team, pages and internal notes.
To manage general notifications for Spruce on your iPhone and iPad:
- Go to your iPhone's general settings app (not in Spruce).
- Scroll down to the section that lists all your apps
- Select Spruce
- Select Notifications
- Make sure "Allow Notifications" is toggled on (green) to receive notifications (this must be on in addition to Spruce in-app settings for notifications)
- Set additional preference for types of notifications for your specific iPhone
To manage Spruce app notifications on your Apple Watch:
Note: Apple Watch can mirror your iPhone's notifications with alerts with no message copy for security purposes.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone
- Select Notifications
- Scroll down to section "Mirror iPhone Alerts From" and find Spruce
- Toggle on (green) to have notifications on and mirror your iPhone Spruce settings.
Managing notifications on an Android
To manage notifications on your Android:
- Select the small icon in the upper left-hand corner from within the app.
- Select the "Settings" option.
- Scroll down to "Account" where you'll see "Notification Preferences."
- Change/update your preferences.
In addition to this, please check your general Android settings on your phone to make sure you have allowed notifications for the Spruce app. To do so, swipe up from your home screen to view all applications. Scroll down until you reach your settings. Within settings, look for "Apps & Notifications." Then find Spruce among your list of apps. Click into it and make sure your notifications are turned on.
If you are still having notification issues, please review our Troubleshooting article for android.
Managing notifications on Web
To turn on desktop computer notifications:
- Log into Spruce on your computer's browser.
- Select Settings in bottom left-hand corner (gear icon) to open your Settings
- Under Section "Account" select Notifications or click here.
- Toggle on "Receive Desktop Notifications (blue is on)
Note: When updating individual notifications settings like per Inbox this will update across all platforms (mobile app and desktop.) The notifications mirror each other. However, you can turn off notifications for an entire device.