Using a desk phone with Spruce
Desk phones are supported on the Communicator plan only.
You can eliminate your phone bill with Spruce by powering desk phones through our phone system. All voicemails will be captured in the Spruce app for you to listen to and easily loop in other members of the team. All calls you make from the desk phone will automatically be logged (not recorded) in the appropriate patient conversation, giving your team context for who called which patient when.
Here's what you will need to power your desk phones with Spruce:
- VoIP-enabled device(s)
- A wired internet connection
Note that VoIP is short for Voice over Internet Protocol. VoIP is a category of hardware and software that enables you to make telephone calls using the internet.
If you want to use a wireless internet to power your phone we option to purchase a WiFi adaptor for $30.
Purchasing VoIP phones
You can purchase Polycom Obi Edition VVX VoIP phones directly from Spruce. Purchasing directly from us enables us to remotely configure the phones and provide support for them. We will configure and ship the phones to you so that all you have to do is plug them into the internet! To get started, email us at email@example.com.
Please see these links for relevant information about the Polycom phones we support:
- Polycom VVX 250 Obi Edition review
- Cost: $120 (shipping included)
- Four lines, designed for small offices
- Polycom VVX 350 Obi Edition review
- Cost: $150 (shipping included)
- Six lines, designed for small to medium sized businesses
- Polycom VVX D230 Dect IP Phone review (Cordless desk phone)
- Cost: $180 for a base (A base comes with 1 handset. Each additional handset is $100. Each base can connect up to 10 handsets)
- Supports up to 8 lines
- Indoor wireless range: up to 50m (165ft) from the base
Using existing VoIP phones
Spruce supports only two VoIP phone series: The Obihai 1000 series (1032 and 1062) and the Polycom Obi Edition VVX series (250, 350 and 450). If these are your existing phones, we can support them as part of your Spruce phone system. If not, you can purchase phones through Spruce.