Troubleshooting Spruce notifications on iPhone
Please follow these steps to troubleshoot issues with your notifications from the Spruce iPhone (iOS) app. Feel free to reach out to our team if these steps do not resolve your issues.
Ensure that your device notifications are turned on
- On your iPhone go to your phone's Settings app and scroll down to select “Notification”
- Scroll down to the Spruce app
- Ensure that "Allow Notifications" is toggled on. When the toggle is green it is on.
- Edit options for your desired notification style.
Ensure that you are not in Focus Mode (Do Not Disturb)
- Go to your iPhone's Settings app and select "Focus" (or Do Not Disturb)
- Confirm none of them say "On". If it is on you will not get notifications for Spruce. There should be a list of all your Focus options such as Do Not Disturb, Driving, Sleep, Work, and Personal, and the term "On" will be listed to the right of the title before the ">".
- If Focus or Do Not Disturb is on, turn it off. For this, you need to first access the Control Center by swiping downwards from the top right (for iPhone X or newer) or upwards from the button portion (for iPhones with a Home button) of your iPhone’s screen. When the Control Center appears, tap on the ‘Focus’ control center module. If you don’t see the Focus label, it should appear as the name of the focus mode you have enabled, for eg. “Do Not Disturb”. Now tap the currently active Focus routine to disable it. The selected routine will now be disabled on your device.
Ensure that Focus (Do Not Disturb) is configured correctly if used.
If you use Focus (Do Not Disturb) on your phone, then ensure that you are allowing Spruce notifications while in Focus mode. If you’d like to ensure that Spruce notifications are received while in Focus mode go to iPhone's Settings App, go to Focus, Select "Do Not Disturb" select where it says "Apps" and click "Add Apps" and search for Spruce and select then hit "Done". We also recommend going to the "People" option and adding the contact that contains your Spruce number.
Ensure that you have notifications turned on within the Spruce app.
- From within the Spruce app, tap on “Settings” and then select “Notifications”
- Ensure you have the "Receive Notifications" toggled on (blue) and turn it on for the appropriate conversation, team, page, and other teammate activity notifications.
Update your Spruce app
You can update your app right from the Spruce app under Settings, scroll to the bottom, and select the Update to X.X.X (XXXXX). If you do not see that, you must go to your iPhone's Apple App Store. Once open, use the search (bottom right) and search Spruce and scroll down until you find the app and select "Update". If it says "Open" you are in the latest version.
Restart your device
To restart your device, press and hold either the volume button or the side button until the power-off slider appears. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.
Delete the Spruce app and reinstall
Remove an app from the Home Screen: Touch and hold the app on the Home Screen, tap Remove App, then tap tap Delete App (not just remove from Home Screen) to delete it from iPhone. Once deleted, go to your app store and search "Spruce Medical Communication" and download. You will have to log in again and make sure you say yes to allow notifications.
Troubleshooting calls going straight to voicemail
Open the Spruce app, Settings, Phone and SMS, select your number, make sure the "Send All Calls to Voicemail is toggled off (grey). Make sure to follow the above instructions about turning off Focus or Do Not Disturb mode off.
Once the above has confirmed to set correctly then follow the following steps to troubleshoot:
- Go to your iPhone's Settings app, then go down to Phone and confirm that "Silence Unknown Callers" is Off.
- If still not working, then go to "Blocked Contacts" and make sure your Spruce number is not listed there and if there, remove it.
- If still not working, then go back to Settings and check Focus mode, see above.
After trying all the steps above, if you are still having notification issues, then we’d love to help. Please reach out to us within the Spruce app via the Team Spruce conversation or email us at email@example.com