Changing Permissions for Video and Audio on your Internet Browser
Are you having trouble with video calling? Some browsers allow us to make changes to our default video and mic settings.
If you are using Google Chrome, there are two options to change permissions and make changes. Here is the fastest way:
- Open Chrome
- At top of browser to the left of the website URL and to the right of the refresh button you should see a lock icon, click that.
- This will open your permissions setting for the website you are on. Make sure you are on https://app.sprucehealth.com/
- Change or confirm that Camera, Microphone and Notifications all say Allow
Still not working or want to make additional changes (like notifications) follow these steps:
- Open Chrome
- At the top right of your browser, click the three vertical dots then select Settings
- Go down to "Privacy and security" Section and click Site Settings.
- Click Camera or Microphone.
- You can set a default for all website to Ask before accessing
- Below that you will see a list of website that need access to your video or microphone
- Click the > next to https://app.sprucehealth.com/
- Change Camera and Microphone to say Allow (recommended). If you select Ask, it will ask every time you do a call with Spruce instead of just automatically connecting.
Still have extra questions? Check out Google Chrome's support documentation here: User your camera and microphone
If your internet browser is Firefox, access your browser permissions by following instructions on this link: How do I open permissions manager?
If you have your settings set to "Always ask", you may see the following dialogue box popup when you try and do a video call and then you can edit settings:
Spruce video is supported on Safari version 12.1 or higher. You can check your version in Safari menu, about Safari and update from there if needed.
To access Safari permissions for audio and video:
- Click on Safari menu at top left of your Screen
- Click on Preferences (see image above)
- Then a box will pop-up
Now you are in your Safari Preferences menu:
- Go to Websites in top menu of box after Privacy
- On left select Camera
- To the right you should see a list of website or one website (app.sprucehealth.com) and to the right will be a drop down menu. Select Allow. If it says Deny, you will not be able to video call.
- Repeat steps above but for Microphone
- Exit that box by clicking the red dot in the upper left corner of that box. Return to Safari and try your video call again.
For access to your browser camera permissions:
- Go to your Spruce inbox as that is the site that wants to use your microphone and/or camera.
- If a dialog box appears asking if you want to give the website permission to use your camera or microphone, select Allow once or Always allow, or close the dialog box to block access.
If you'd like to access all permissions, please follow Microsoft's documentation here: Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy
We do not recommend using Internet Explorer with Spruce. We recommend Google Chrome.